We are ecstatic to announce that one of our longest-standing clients recently received some amazing news! Fellow Chicagoans and our close friends Fieldglass, Inc., the industry’s largest vendor management system (VMS) provider, joined the Germany-based human resources technology supergiant SAP this spring. The world leader (in terms of revenue) in enterprise software and software-related services*, SAP acquired VMS provider Fieldglass for an estimated $1 billion. Together, these two global companies will continue to change the face of human resources as we know it.
Here are some interesting facts about Fieldglass and SAP to satisfy your curiosity*:
- Fieldglass’ cloud-based solution is used in more than 100 countries and 16 languages.
- SAP North America has more than 15,500 employees with more than 13,000 employees in the U.S. and more than 2,500 in Canada.
- Fieldglass started in November 1999, and many of their “firsts” are now industry standards, including their solution to manage project-based workers and service offerings to help their customers optimize their workforces.
- SAP is headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, with locations in more than 130 countries.
- Forrester Research, Inc. in The Forrester Wave™ recognized Fieldglass: VMS, Q1 2014 as the highest-scoring VMS provider in Contingent Workforce Management/Vendor Management System (CWM/VMS) functionality and market presence.