Do you love diving deep into complex problems, learning about people and their everyday needs and goals, and working on a wide variety of products and services? We’re a dedicated user experience design firm looking to add another designer to our team.
Fuzzy Math is a leading user experience design, strategy, and innovation consultancy in Chicago. We work with clients of all sizes across industries, from covert startups to Fortune 500 household names like Hyatt, GE Healthcare, Microsoft, and Threadless. We work across the user experience space, including design for mobile, web, and emerging technologies. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver fantastic results with small, agile teams. We’re dedicated to user experience design, from top to bottom — everyone is involved in UX work.
Do good work. Be good people. Beyond our client work, we strive to give back through charitable giving and pro bono projects. We’re an active member of both the design community and the Chicago community at large.
We’re based in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood, easily accessible by public transportation.
As a visual designer at Fuzzy Math, you’ll be responsible for designing sensible visual communication for successful experiences. This includes collaborating with interaction designers and working within complex design systems to craft usable solutions that are sensitive to the overall client and user requirements and industry best practices. You’ll also have the chance to innovate and grow within our highly-productive team while honing your focus on empathetic design.
You’ll have the opportunity to steep yourself in the user-centered design process, where research and design rationale is nurtured, as well as the chance to build strong solutions in a collaborative environment. As part of a project team, you’ll be involved throughout the engagement and will be expected to present your work to both internal teams and to clients. Skill in communicating the what and why of your design in a clear and succinct manner is essential.
You’ll be expected to:
- Translate low fidelity interaction design (wireframes) into polished, high fidelity UI designs
- Understand client brands, and be able to both make recommendations within their brand system and extend their brand in new directions
- Communicate design ideas clearly to our team, and to clients, both verbally and in writing
- Give well-reasoned feedback to other designers, and accept feedback on your work
- Effectively manage tasks across multiple projects
- Collaborate successfully with other designers, both within Fuzzy Math and on our client teams
- Follow established company process, and make recommendations for improving this process
- Help in continually developing and building the Fuzzy Math brand
- Have an eye for detail and a pride in your work
- Be an active member of the Fuzzy Math team. As a small team, every person can have a great impact throughout the office. We all learn from one another and want someone who’s excited both to learn and teach.
Skills and Experience
We’re looking for someone with a degree in a design-related field with experience in graphic design production.
Experience working in web and mobile UI design, ideally involving user experience design, is preferred.
Proficiency is expected in common design tools (Adobe CC, Sketch). Experience with animation, prototyping, front-end development, or interaction design is a bonus.
As part of our team, you’ll have the benefit of:
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Awesome co-workers
- Flexible hours
- Limited project travel
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Continuing education and conferences stipend
- Free breakfast and snacks
- No dress code
- Entire office closed down for final two weeks of the year
- Frequent team outings (in the past these have included: walking tours, bike trips, kayaking, bowling, Cubs games, and we’re always looking for new ideas)
- Wake up and enjoy going to work
Submit an application
Please send us an email and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org