UX Design Internship: Summer 2019
Internship (June-Aug 2019)
Fuzzy Math is a user experience design, strategy, and innovation consultancy in Chicago. We’re dedicated to user experience design, from top to bottom — everyone is involved in UX work. We are actively seeking one interesting, talented person to join us this summer. This internship will allow you to learn by doing as you’ll be fully integrated into our team delivering on client projects and our summer pro-bono project. We’re based in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood, easily accessible by public transportation.
Our summer internship is three months of full-time (40 hours/week), paid, practical experience in how user-centered design methodologies are applied in a design consultancy. These methods will include performing primary research, synthesizing research, ideating/concepting, and designing interactive experiences. You’ll not only work alongside a group of talented practitioners, but you’ll be expected to contribute and share your own approach.
We love our work, but we also love giving back. Do good work. Be good people. is one of our core principles. Beyond our client work, we strive to give back through charitable giving and pro bono projects. A few of our past summer pro-bono projects interns have been able to work on include: UCAN, VING Projct, Active Trasportation Alliance, and DBSA to name a few.
Previous summer interns have hailed from programs at Parsons The New School for Design, IIT Institute of Design, Carnegie Mellon, Northwestern University, Savannah College of Art and Design, and DePaul University (among others).
As an intern at Fuzzy math, your primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- User research, interviews, and testing
- Personas and scenarios
- User journey mapping
- Wireframing and prototyping
We’d love an email from you if
- You have a portfolio we can take a look at.
- You’re within a year of graduating (undergraduate or graduate) from a program in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human-Centered Design, Interaction Design, or other related field.
- You’re available for 12 weeks in Chicago at the beginning of June 2019.
- You have a solid understanding of a user-centered design process.
- You’ve designed for web or mobile as part of coursework or previous internship.
- You are a great collaborator.
- You’re proactive and don’t mind asking questions.
- You live and breathe all things design and can’t stop yourself thinking about how to improve everything around you.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not currently sponsor visas.
As part of our team this summer, you’ll have the benefit of:
- Mentorship and feedback
- Awesome co-workers
- Free breakfast and snacks
- No dress code
- Frequent team outings (in the past these have included: walking tours, bike trips, kayaking, bowling, Cubs games, and we’re always looking for new ideas)
We’ll be accepting applications for our summer internship up to early April 2019.
Please send us an email with your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll reply as soon as possible.