User Experience Designer
Chicago, IL (Temporarily Remote)
COVID-19 Notice: Our Chicago office is closed indefinitely; this position will be fully remote until our office reopens.
Want to better understand the people you’re designing for and help build successful, innovative products across many industries? Fuzzy Math is hiring a full-time UX Designer with entry- to mid-level experience to join our studio in Chicago.
Fuzzy Math is a leading user experience design, strategy, and innovation consultancy in Chicago. We work with clients of all sizes across industries, from covert startups to Fortune 500 companies and household names like Hyatt, GE Healthcare, Microsoft, and Threadless. Our work spans the user experience space, including design for mobile, web, and emerging technologies. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver fantastic results with small, agile teams. We’re dedicated to user experience design, from top to bottom — everyone is involved in UX work.
Do good work. Be good people. Beyond our client work, we strive to give back through charitable giving and pro bono projects. We’re an active member of both the design community and the Chicago community at large.
We’re based in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood, easily accessible by public transportation.
As a User Experience Designer at Fuzzy Math, you’ll be expected to work directly with clients to help solve complex problems using a user-centered design process. This means both understanding the design process, and being able to communicate your ideas clearly to others.
You’ll be expected to:
- Plan, conduct, and analyze design research
- Understand client needs and requirements
- Design effective, innovative solutions to complex problems
- Define information architecture, interaction design, and functional requirements for products across various mediums, including desktop and mobile
- Communicate ideas clearly both within Fuzzy Math and to clients
- Have an eye for detail and a pride in your work
- Be an active member of the Fuzzy Math team
As a small team, every person can have a great impact throughout our office. We all learn from one another and want someone who’s excited both to learn and teach.
Skills and Experience
In general, we prefer a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HCI, UCD or a related field, or other direct experience in the field of User Experience Design.
You should have a fundamental understanding of wireframes, prototypes, IA documentation, personas, design research, and usability testing.
As part of our team, you’ll have the benefit of:
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Awesome co-workers
- Flexible hours
- Limited project travel
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Continuing education and conferences stipend
- Free breakfast and snacks
- No dress code
- Entire office closed down for final two weeks of the year
- Frequent team outings (in the past these have included: walking tours, bike trips, kayaking, bowling, Cubs games, and we’re always looking for new ideas)
- Wake up and enjoy going to work
Submit an application
Please send us an email and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org