Digital Project Coordinator
Want to be a part of a talented team at a growing company that is delivering successful, innovative products across many industries? Fuzzy Math is hiring a full-time Project Coordinator with 1-3 years of experience to help manage resourcing and support projects in our design consultancy studio in Chicago.
Fuzzy Math is a leading user experience design, strategy, and innovation consultancy in Chicago. We work with clients of all sizes across industries, from covert startups to Fortune 500 household names like Hyatt, GE Healthcare, Microsoft, and Threadless. We work across the user experience space, including design for mobile, web, and emerging technologies. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver fantastic results with small, agile teams. We’re dedicated to user experience design, from top to bottom — everyone is involved in UX work.
Do good work. Be good people. Beyond our client work, we strive to give back through charitable giving and pro bono projects. We’re an active member of both the design community and the Chicago community at large.
We’re based in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood, easily accessible by public transportation.
Your role at Fuzzy Math is to help ensure the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects to our clients. In this role, you will build upon our existing processes and ensure adherence to overall best practices in project management and resourcing across the entire studio. You’ll be interacting with everyone at Fuzzy Math and working directly with our clients to ensure projects deliver high-quality work in an efficient manner.
We strongly prefer someone that has experience working within the digital/interactive design world with a smaller company (< 50 employees). There is a need for experience to hit the ground running and the team here is eager to learn from an expert.
You’ll be expected to:
- Plan and monitor studio designer capacity. Work closely with co-founders, project leads, and the design team to align and balance designer workloads based on priority. Update plans and communicate to clients when resources are reallocated or things change.
- Able to work independently and work closely with a team of designers.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with our co-founders.
- Track and review project-level task progress, communicate status internally and directly with our clients.
- Work closely with project teams to ensure projects are staying on time and within budget.
- Monitor client satisfaction and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Communicate with clients alongside, not in place of, the design team.
- Communicate written and verbal ideas clearly both within Fuzzy Math and to clients.
- Get off to a quick start, be flexible, organized and a quick study.
- Have an eye for detail and pride in your work.
- Be an active member of the Fuzzy Math team. As a small team, every person can have a great impact throughout the office. We all learn from one another and want someone who’s excited both to learn and teach.
Skills and Experience
Preferred: At least two years of experience in project management or project coordination.
Strong preference for experience delivering project management and coordination within a similar environment to Fuzzy Math. You should, at least, have a fundamental understanding of the digital/interactive design process.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (written examples preferred).
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
As part of our team, you’ll have the benefit of:
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Awesome co-workers
- Flexible hours
- Limited project travel
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Continuing education and conferences stipend
- Free breakfast and snacks
- No dress code
- Entire office closed down for final two weeks of the year
- Frequent team outings (in the past these have included: walking tours, bike trips, kayaking, bowling, Cubs games, and we’re always looking for new ideas)
- Wake up and enjoy going to work
Submit an application
Please send us an email along with your resume to email@example.com
Please be sure to pinpoint why you are a fit for Fuzzy Math and why this position is a fit for you.