Financial Specialist (Part-Time)
Chicago, IL (Temporarily Remote)
Please note, this is a temporarily remote role, as we expect our full team to be back in our Chicago office sometime in mid-2021.
Fuzzy Math is looking for a part-time Financial Specialist to join our team! You’ll help us monitor our financial data and organize and analyze internal reports. Our ideal candidate enjoys the freedom of individual work as well as collaborating with project teams and leadership to help maintain business operations.
About Fuzzy Math
Fuzzy Math is a leading user experience design, strategy, and innovation consultancy in Chicago. We work with clients of all sizes across industries, from covert startups to Fortune 500 household names like Hyatt, GE Healthcare, Microsoft, and Threadless. We work across the user experience space, including design for mobile, web, and emerging technologies. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver fantastic results with small, agile teams. We’re dedicated to user experience design, from top to bottom — everyone is involved in UX work.
Do good work. Be good people. Beyond our client work, we strive to give back through charitable giving and pro bono projects. We’re an active member of both the design community and the Chicago community at large.
Although we are working from home for the foreseeable future, we’re based in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood, easily accessible by public transportation.
You’ll be expected to:
- Generate accounts receivable/invoices and manage customer payments and delinquencies
- Receive, verify, and process accounts payable
- Monitor, review, and verify employee expenses and corporate credit cards
- Manage cash flow entries
- Perform bank and account reconciliations
- Maintain accurate documentation and records for financial operations and transactions
- Assist with tax, insurance, and internal audits
- Assist with tax preparation
- Manage and update employee data
- Prepare standard employee/employer 401(k) contributions
- Develop, generate, and present financial reports
- Monitor financial budgets and produce a monthly variance analysis
- Manage payroll processing through a payroll service provider
- Assist with project management tasks as needed
- Review existing financial/accounting procedures and recommend improvements
- Some administrative tasks (ordering, filing, etc.)
Skills and qualifications:
- QuickBooks experience a plus
- Divvy corporate card management a plus
- Apple/Mac experience highly preferred
Working at Fuzzy Math
As part of our team, you’ll have the benefit of:
- Love your team
- Flexible hours
- Team events
- Continuing education
- Free breakfast & snacks
- Winter break
Submit an application
Please send us an email along with your resume to email@example.com
Please be sure to pinpoint why you are a fit for Fuzzy Math and why this position is a fit for you.