Digital Project Manager
About Fuzzy Math
Fuzzy Math is a leading user experience design, strategy, and innovation consultancy in Chicago. We work with clients of all sizes across industries, from covert startups to Fortune 500 household names like Hyatt, GE Healthcare, Microsoft, and Threadless. We work across the user experience space, including design for mobile, web, and emerging technologies. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver fantastic results with small, agile teams. We’re dedicated to user experience design, from top to bottom — everyone is involved in UX work.
Do Good Work. Be Good People.
Good work can’t be done without creating a sense of belonging, understanding, and empathy. We strive for every team member at Fuzzy Math to feel they have a voice and we promote a value add culture over value fit. We have regular pulse surveys and retros with team members to give people space to talk, reflect, and discuss issues going on in projects and processes at Fuzzy Math. We encourage team members to get involved with internal initiatives and welcome changes that create opportunities for us to do better work and be better people.
Beyond our client work, we strive to give back through charitable giving and pro bono projects. We’re an active member of both the design community and the Chicago community at large.
Grow With Us
We are always looking for new talent and people who value diversity, celebrate differences, and encourage people to be their authentic selves. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Reach out to us to connect, we would love to meet you!
- 12 designers
- 2 co-founders
- 2 administrative
- 1 scary, but friendly clown mascot named Karl
- 5 children and lots of pets
We’re looking for a qualified digital project manager with strong time management and communication skills and excellent attention to detail to join our team. You will be responsible for day-to-day management and smooth operation of design projects across a variety of industries, including nonprofits, healthcare, and finance.
For this position, we expect you to be able to adapt to a variety of projects and project teams. You will work to support design leads and project teams by updating project plans, keeping track of hours and budgets, communicating with the client, and scheduling.
Ultimately, you should be able to manage and ensure our projects are delivered within time and budget requirements.
What You Will Bring and Do
- Provide end-to-end project management
- Collaborate with account lead and design lead to create detailed project plans, including distributing hours budgets and setting due dates
- Develop a communication plan for the client on a project-by-project basis
- Monitor project progress and communicate status updates to the client and project teams accordingly
- Update resourcing, project plans, and timelines according to project progress, and communicate the impact that changes have on overall budget and timeline
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues
- Ability to communicate the impact of date and resourcing changes on the overall budget and/or timeline
- Ability to prioritize and manage work for multiple project timelines
- Collaborate seamlessly with small project teams and work with team leads to drive projects forward
- Willingness to hold people accountable for project status and ask the hard questions on progress and blockers
- Initiative — get off to a quick start, be flexible, and be a quick study
- Desire to iterate and update project management process according to new requirements and best practice
- Interest in contributing to the culture and success of Fuzzy Math outside of client projects
- 1-2 years of project management (or comparable) experience
- Hands on experience with project management software
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Communication and team management skills
- Flexibility and desire to learn
- Ability to work in the central time zone
- Familiarity with digital/interactive design process
- Experience working at a smaller company (<50 employees) in an agency setting
What We Care About
- Your attention to detail and ability to identify problems before they arise
- Your interest in working at Fuzzy Math
- Your ability to communicate within project teams and with clients
- What you value
- And most importantly, you!
What We Care Less About
- Whether you have a degree
- Where you went to school
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible hours
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Continuing education and conferences stipend
- Breakfast and snack budget
- Entire office closed down for the final two weeks of the year
- Frequent team outings and activities (in the past these have included: walking tours, bike trips, kayaking, bowling, and Cubs games, but we’re always looking for new ideas!)
- Remote team activities – We have taken the same playful spirit of our team outings and have brought them from the comfort of our homes! We have held events that involve virtual storytelling workshops and game-based play like Pictionary, scavenger hunts, Jeopardy, and trivia! (We can get pretty competitive with the trivia games.)
To begin the process please submit your resume with the application survey questionnaire. If the skills and values sound like you, we will reach out for an initial phone interview.